01 02 03 Erynn's Blog: Friday five 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Friday five

34
Happy Friday!! So excited for a fun weekend of pretty much nothing other than a fun dinner with the family planned. Hoping for lots of time just relaxing after a crazy couple of weeks!!

Top five for this week...

1. Dandelions


Nathan loves loves loves to pick dandelions for me. Anytime he sees one, he's immediately picking it and handing it to me. It's one of my very favorite things that he does. At his game last weekend, he found a dandelion in the field and he picked it while playing and then held it until a water break and came running across the field to give it to me. So sweet. I just love him.

2. Our new Book Club!

Quick reminder that next Friday we will be discussing Sandra Byrd's Let Them Eat Cake! Can't wait to hear what you thought of the book!! For more info, here's the post I wrote on it.

3. Dental dreams and pumpkins


Uncle Caleb gave Nathan this little play dough dentist set and it is one of his most beloved possessions. He plays with it all the time and gets so serious to get things exactly right. It's hilarious.


We were coming out of Trader Joe's the other day and he said, "Oh hey, Mom, here's some pumpkins. Quick. Take a picture of me with the pumpkins. Cheese!"

4. Essential oils


Okay. Y'all. I have always thought people who got into essential oils were a little on the weird side. But I have two very dear friends who I love greatly who are both pretty sane and who both love essential oils and so I decided to try some. I got them right as Parker got sick with a cold about a week and a half ago and since he didn't sleep to begin with, I just knew we were going to be up every hour until he got over this cold.

Guys. I put some in a diffuser and diluted some and rubbed him down and HE SLEPT ALL NIGHT. So I did the same thing the next night and he did it again. And it's been almost every night since!! We've had only two nights in the past week and a half that he's gotten up and even then, it's only been once at night when we were previously doing two and often three times.

I promise I will not become the lady who is all "your leg fell off? Quick - rub some essential oils on the stump and your leg will grow back!" but I am so so happy (and rested! ha!) that I had to share. I know there are a LOT of ways to use them so I'm still definitely in the process of learning but I'm seriously in love with these things. And bonus - they totally help my house not smell like little boy stink. ;) I'm sure you will hear more about the oils from me in the future.

5. Every day life


Our glamorous last Tuesday night - sitting on a washer that was trying to spin out if control as it washed cloth diapers with a baby who was screaming when he wasn't being held and a four year old who found my nursing bra inserts on the dryer and was using them on his head as the gongs as he pretended to be Cogsworth. ;) All I could do was laugh.

Have a great weekend!!post signature
35 36 37 38